SHANGHAI, Aug. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), one of the largest and most innovative solar module manufacturers in the world, today unveils its RE100 roadmap by providing detail on its approach to achieve 100% powered by renewables by 2025.
This roadmap depicts a series of innovative actions to lower emission caused by its operation, which includes:
- Build new factories in or adjacent renewable-rich regions to facilitate green electricity source.
- Focus on R&D and commercialization of higher power and efficiency solar products to reduce power consumption per watt.
- Accelerate study on new and recycled material alternative, less material consumption, "lighterize" and "thinnerize" production, for instance reduce wafer thickness, reduce silver paste consumption without sacrificing quality and reliability, reduce weight of bifacial panel by replacing glass with transparent backsheet.
- Optimize process to save energy, for instance to reduce electricity consumed for wafer production.
- Adopt an integrated and sustainable view of the product lifecycle, from ideation to commercialization, continuing to increase the use of recycled materials, innovate in product recycling. Keep pace with global PVcycle program and learn good practice from others.
- Embed principles of sustainability in the supply chain, using it to guide decisions ranging from product design and factory floor configuration to sourcing and logistics.
- Invest more in onsite solar, solar plus storage projects by deploying panels in all suitable rooftops of its global dispersed manufacturing facilities, workshops, warehouse, new and existing office buildings, employee dormitories, to ensure 50% of the consumed solar electricity comes from projects that JinkoSolar built.
- JinkoSolar's R&D centers focus on innovative silicone solar panel recycling technology, and are now partnering with universities and institutions at home and abroad to further develop engineering solutions.
- Identify new ways to lower energy use at our all facilities, investing in energy efficiency upgrades, energy saving gauges, smart building technologies, to lower electricity consumption.
- Encourage and reward suppliers by upgrading their grade who use renewable energy for JinkoSolar order production.
- Process and material innovations, for example carbon-free soldering, metallization process through investments and collaboration with equipment suppliers.
- Invest in planting trees, forests, and other nature-based solutions in facilities and communities to remove carbon from the atmosphere.
- Help to counteract desertification using desalination powered by solar energy to improve soil conditions.
"We're proud of our ambitious roadmap we have set for the coming ten years," said Dany Qian, vice president of JinkoSolar. "As the world's largest solar module manufacturer, it doesn't make sense that we produce renewable equipment but not use renewable energy ourselves. We are well positioned to lead the industry in the pursuit of giving the next generation a livable planet, an affordable and sustainable energy solution."
About JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.
JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) is one of the largest and most innovative solar module manufacturers in the world. JinkoSolar distributes its solar products and sells its solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customer base in China, the United States, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, Chile, South Africa, India, Mexico, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, and other countries
and regions. JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain, with an integrated annual capacity of 17.5 GW for mono wafers, 10.6 GW for solar cells, and 16 GW for solar modules, as of March 31, 2020. JinkoSolar has over 15,000 employees across its 7 productions facilities globally, 14 overseas subsidiaries in Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Australia, and global sales teams in China, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Bulgaria, Greece, Ukraine, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya, South Africa, Costa Rica, Colombia, Panama, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Poland and Argentina.
To find out more, please see: www.jinkosolar.com
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends, "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, the quotations from management in this press release and the Company's operations and business outlook, contain forward-looking statements. Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in JinkoSolar's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F. Except as required by law, the Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For investor and media inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Ripple Zhang
JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86 21-5183-3105
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jinkosolar-reshapes-pv-technology-scenarios-with-its-new-n-type-tiger-pro-610wunveiled-at-snec-2020-301108300.html
Get in touch